I am not much for cakes or sweet things. Well, I do love LOVE anything that has to do with poppy seeds but that’s another question. However, the idea of a raw, dairy-free and gluten-free triple chocolate cake got me quite excited when I first heard of it during my yoga teacher training in Austria.
And when I tasted it, I felt delighted.
This cake is pure goodness. It”s full of various kinds of nuts and has dates, coconut oil and a little honey in it. A perfect cake to serve at Christmas or any other occasion when you want to surprise loved ones with some guilt-free magic.
RAW TRIPPLE CHOCOLATE TORTE RECIPE
• 1C almonds or cashews (can use already ground nuts or any other nuts of choice)
• 5-9 dates (depends on size of dates, can also add any other dried fruits)
• 1 TBsp coconut oil or cacao butter
• ½ C shredded coconut
• ¼ C carob or cacao powder
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process until finely grounded. Press mixture into the bottom of a spring form cake tin. Place in refrigerator.
• 1C cashews (pre-soak for 2-3 hrs) or ground almonds or ground hazel nuts
• ½ C coconut milk
• ⅓ C coconut oil or cacao butter
• ½ C cacao powder
• 5-10 dates
• ½ Tsp vanilla (if using vita mix you can use the whole vanilla bean)
Place all ingredients in Vitamix (or food processor) and blend until very smooth. Pour over crust. Refrigerate at least 3 hrs before icing.
• ⅓C cacao powder
• 3 TBsp coconut oil
• 2TBsp honey or agava syrup, or maple syrup
• 1TBsp vanilla extract or rose water or orange blossom water (optional)
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well. Add vanilla extract. Stir well until it’s a REALLY creamy smooth rich chocolate texture.
After icing make sure your chocolate delight gets at least 6 hours in the fridge so it can set properly.